Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Letter to February



Dear February,                                                                                                                              2/26/15                       

Isn't it funny how you always seem to be so freaking long, yet you're the shortest month of year..what is up with that? It's messed up and needs to be changed. You were full of cold, long days where hot liquid rarely left my fingers, abnormally warm days spent in T-shirts and sneakers, and, of course, the same ole boring gray days Washington is all to familiar with. You and your weather changes, so dang confusing!

You held dreaded things, such as the anticipation of the writers conference, putting down my puppy dog I've had for nine years, and the weirdness of Valentines day. But, you also had some positives, like learning new writing techniques, discovering new passions, and getting to know some fantastic people a whole lot better. So really, you weren't all that bad. You even gave me some summer-like adventures that I had been so desperately craving.

February, thank you for this crazy, interesting month. It is always a pleasure and I look forward to what you bring me next year. Farewell for now.

With much love,

Elizabeth

8 comments

  1. Such a great post! February really is a strange month. It feels like it's gone on forever and like it just started, all at the same time.
    Lovely blog layout by the way! I can't get mine to look just right yet haha ;)
    Great post, Elizabeth!
    Xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel you, that is what it's felt all month :P
      Thank you :) I keep changing things, but I like how it's turning out so far.

      Delete
    2. It's really cute. I canNOT get my banner to work haha :P

      Delete
    3. Haha yeah it took me a few tires too :P Thank you though!

      Delete
  2. That's interesting. What will February have brought us by the end of next year? My February was basically just me starting school and that has caused a whirlwind in itself. Now that I think back, so much has happened. But for you, I'm glad you've discovered new things and gotten to know people, but I'm extremely sorry about your puppy dog <3

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :')
      Good luck with school! Returning is always an interesting event ;)

      Delete
  3. It is weird that February is the shortest month but it seems so long. I have something I'm looking for, and so does my entire grade so February is seemed extra long to us! And, we still have March left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hate that, but it will be rewarding when it finally comes!

      Delete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.