Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Morning Routine


9:00 a.m: Wake Up Time

Now that it's summer time, I have a lot less going on. Early wake up calls have come to a stop with school being done. So what can I say, I'm not a morning person and I have nine months of sleeping in to catch up on! Of course, this morning routine is meant for a day I have nothing going on in the early hours, otherwise I adjust my alarm clock to the appropriate time.

Normally when I wake up, I respond to any text messages and snapchats I may have, quickly scroll through Instagram, and then I hop out of bed to get me some coffee. Sometimes coffee is my only motivation for getting out of my warm, cuddly bed (Okay, most of time it's my only motivation). Have you ever gone to bed earlier just because you know the sooner you fall asleep, the quicker you will have coffee? No? Oh...yeah same, totally have never done that!


9:20 a.m: Coffee Consumption 

This is the time of day were I really get my me time in. Whenever my family interrupts me, I get kind of angry. My poor little brother is my only sibling still living at home. He has inherited the burden of suffering through my before coffee wrath. I should probably have a warning sign: DON'T TALK TO ME, HAVE NOT YET FINISHED MY COFFEE. Oh well, I'll work on that another time.

 I spend this next 40 minutes catching up on some YouTube videos and scrolling through some blog posts. I also use this time to write out my to do list so I can feel extra productive when I check things off. Sometimes I write down super easy things, thinking I'm being all sneaky and making it look like I accomplished so much, in reality it's like nope, all you did was eat food and get dressed. 


10:00 a.m: Go for a Walk/Run

Exercising in the morning just makes me feel so productive for that day. Even if I don't do anything else, I find comfort in the fact I at least went for a little waddle around the property. Since I'm in terrible shape and cannot run to save my life (Literally, like I would die right away if I had to run for my life), I walk up to this view point, and then run down, since that's easier then running up. I also try to run a few tiny hills to make me feel extra fit. If I keep deceiving myself that I am, then maybe someday I will be! Lizzy logic at its finest. 


10:30 a.m: Eat Breakfast

Now I'm not a huge breakfast fan. Most breakfast foods I don't like, I never have much of an appetite to eat that early, and I'm honesty way too lazy to try and make something yummy. But I know breakfast is very important so I've been trying to make an extra effort in having time for it. I've also been trying to eat healthier, so I'm attempting eat no (or at least very very small amounts of) gluten and sugar. I get really bad headaches a lot, so I'm experimenting to see if this helps them go away. I'm not quite what I'll do if that's the case, though, because I love me some carbs! If you have any good recipes that'll help me out, please let me know. 


10:45 a.m: Shower 

Because I'm sweaty from running those darn hills and my hair is greasy. Even if I'm not going anywhere that day, it's not a pretty sight, nor is it a lovely smell. I also use this time to wash my face and brush my teeth. Personal hygiene is important folks! No one wants to be around someone who doesn't practice it. Please take that to heart. Especially if you're that middle school boy who sits behind me in youth group. 


11:00 a.m: Reading Time

If I don't have to be anywhere else, this is the time I would sit down with a book and read. I'm currently reading Clockwork Prince and it's so good! I started it two days ago and I'm already 300 pages in. Seriously, every character I just love or find so interesting, and the plot has totally taken a hold of me. I have read it before, but that was years ago and I've forgotten a ton of stuff. My goal in life is to write a book like this, that makes people ignore their friends and forget about all life's responsibilities because they're so caught up in the story. I could go around telling people I'm a friendship destroyer and life ruiner for a living. I think that's a pretty respectful accomplishment. 

  I will probably read for about an hour, if I can. I may also write a little in my journal, read more blog posts, and scroll through social media. Hopefully, I'm not in a rush to be anywhere and I can just chill and have a relaxing end to my morning. 


1:00 p.m: Lunch

It is technically morning still? No, but I wanted to show you this anyways because it's a good place to end my morning and honestly, my food was really good so I had to share it. My mom was having a luncheon with some friends of hers and they were generous enough to let my snag some food, but then I was exiled to the outdoors. It was a very good taco salad though, and besides the few pesty bugs that tried to steal a taste, it was nice to be outside.

And that's it! What's your morning routine like come summer? Let me know in the comments below.

With love,

Elizabeth


6 comments

  1. Ooh, I love this post! I may have to do a similar one. Good for you, exercising in the morning! I hardly ever exercise...should probably work on that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! And same girl, I rarely exercise but I need to.

      Delete
  2. you are adorable.
    i love your posts.
    i may copy you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My summer morning routine is either waking up before 5 for work, or sleeping past 11 because I firmly believe mornings are for sleeping. ;) Fun post! Gorgeous view and that salad looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, 5?? I couldn't do it! I have respect for you.
      Thank you!

      Delete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.