Saturday, August 26, 2017

feeling stuck in the midst of restlessness


i. i feel sorta stuck, you know? i'm stuck in my hometown, while almost everyone i know who is my age is off to college, or traveling, or interning. i feel like, yes, doing another year of community college and working is the smarter option, but i can't shake the feeling of loneliness when I see everyone else up and go. i've been so restless lately, but i know that in my restlessness, i need to rest in the Lord and trust that He knows best and has a plan for my life. i've been learning over and over and over that life rarely goes according to my plan, because it isn't my plan that God is concerned with, but His own perfect plan. so even though i continue to bear a feeling of looniness, i know that sometimes i have to just feel restless, while resting in my Lord's perfect plan

ii. but the restlessness makes me anxious. sometimes it's hard to sleep, because i continue to wake up from dreams. everything seems so overwhelming. i live in a mess of a room because the thought of picking it up makes me want to lay back in bed and close my eyes. at work, people ask my if i'm okay because i'm "quiet." i didn't realize i was acting like i wasn't okay, but now i feel weird. my finals were hard, and i'm scared i didn't pass them all. i don't have the time or money to retake classes, so my hands have been shaking for hours and my eyes continue to check my phone in search of a grade update. my shoulders ache from tension and my head begins to pound. resting in the Lord is so so hard, because becoming anxious is so easy, and being patient seems so hard

iii. yet, sleep always come, darkness turns to light, and a new day appears. the wave of anxiety and stress continue to ebb and flow, but the steadfastness of the Lord never fails, so i wait in His arms. when i can't sleep, i cry out in prayer. when my body aches, i lean into Him. when my hands shake uncontrollably because the answer is taking too long, i repeat, "He is faithful." and when i can only see the bad, i write out the good. because sometimes it's so much easer to see all the bad in our life, but the reality is, our blessings are so much more. so i thank God for who i am, and where i am, and i know that even in the midst restlessness, God is always good.


muddled up thoughts from a midnight ramble. what has God been teaching you lately? how do you react when faced with restlessness in your life?

love you all lots,

elizabeth

7 comments

  1. woah sweet friend.
    this- this is beautiful raw.
    this- this is reallity.
    this- this is the absolute truth that even in the midst of fog, you will not let your faith be shaken.
    you are a warrior, even when it feels like you're not.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate so much to this. It's easier to be anxious and fretful than to be joyful in our times of waiting. Sometimes I know I don't even know if I want to do the work to be joyful, to trust God. It's just hard. In church today we sang a song with the lyrics, "The joy of the Lord is our strength." Never thought of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is something I can wholly relate to! I SO feel the restlessness!!!!! I'm nineteen and I quit college over the summer and currently have no job so I've been VERY restless in this season of my life. I don't know what God calls me to do but I keep feeling him whisper to me everyday, "abide in me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo true. Thank you for this <333 I needed to hear this!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this feeling too. I really appreciate your raw honesty in this post, Elizabeth. Know that it gets better, and He's there through it all. Stay strong! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I can really relate to this. I feel like for me, this year, it has gotten worse than years past, but it is just proving that we are getting closer and closer to needing to graduate. It's a sad but very true reality. I'm excited to see what God does with where he has me now. And I can't explain how much I can relate to the "blessings are so much more". I've been focusing less on the negative parts of my life and seeing the blessings in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so, so hard. Ugh. My heart aches for you reading this. But He is faithful, and He is good. Praying for you. <3

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.