Thursday, May 24, 2018

Backpacking Through Ireland

Hello friends,

As you may know if you follow me on Instagram (go do it), I went to Ireland over spring break. I'd always wanted to visit everywhere and anywhere in Europe, so after I found out my friend Chloe would be there over my spring break, I knew this was the time to go. My friend Sasha, who has been living in Russia the last few months, also was able to meet us. Honestly, seeing these girls and getting away from work and college was SO needed.

I've had multiple people ask me "So Liz, how was Ireland?" And honestly, I've never sure how to respond. Awesome. Great. Amazing. Adventurous. New. Tiring. Good, so so good. It was one of those experiences, that the entire time leading up to it, and even while I was there, I couldn't quite believe it. But what truly made the trip so memorable were the girls I spent it with. From getting dropped off on the side of the street in the middle of nowhere at night after missing a bus stop and getting snowed in at our airbnb, to sneaking in a third person into our hotel room (lots of giggles involved ) and visiting a Lord of the Rings themed pub with a "stalker" trailing us, there were so many crazy times where we just had to laugh (and frantically figure out what to do). I was so thankful they were by my side the entire time.


When I was preparing to leave, I knew I wanted to visit the Cliffs of Moher. Let me tell you, they were amazing! If you can get past all the tourists and are daring enough to venture past the walkway (ahem and ignore a couple signs) you will find yourself much more alone and with a better view.

I didn't realize just how much beautiful scenery Ireland had to offer, though, and my friends and I only explored a tiny scratch of it.


Can't get enough from just photos? Want to watch a weird video of my friends and I? Go for it darling.





Wow guys, it's been a long time. I got back from Ireland completely refreshed, but then work started again, and my final quarter of college before I graduate with my Associate's (three more weeks!!) and I just got so tired. Have you ever been so tired or overwhelmed that the things your normally love become a chore? That's what writing was becoming, so I had to take a step back for a little bit. But boy did I miss you all.

Have you traveled anywhere cool lately? Whether it's a camping trip, road trip, another state, or an entirely new country, let me know down below!

Have a wonderful rest of your week dear friends,

Elizabeth



5 comments

  1. Ireland looks like it was so much fun, and so pretty too! Definitely on my bucket list to visit someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my sweet darling. i relate to this post and so desperately wish I were one of those faces in the photos XD LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU LUCKY GIRL. Take me next time you go! I love these photos. You look so happy!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! that is just SOOOOOOO amazing!!! That will be something you will remember for the rest of your life! All I can say is WOW

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for showing us such lovely photos. Ireland is certainly on my list of places to visit now!

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.