Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Hey There February


Hey guys,

It's officially the second month of the new year, crazy huh?? This month has been busy and stressful, but also full of new experiences and exciting news. I know I've been a bit absent here on the blogging world, but I think I've finally figured out time management, so hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me this month. I don't have a lot to say in this introduction paragraph, so let's get onto the wrap up and discuss what's happening.

Currently// Learning more about the Pacific Northwest than I ever dreamed, writing for school constantly and writing for pleasure not enough, re-watching the Office and laughing a lot, attempting to pass ceramics, trying not to fall on my butt while holding the tree pose, and spending way too much on fries in my school's cafeteria.

Reading// The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Yes, guys I'm still reading this. Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but I just don't have time to sit down and really get into it. It's truly very sad. Also, Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I loved the formatting of the first book, but found the characters a little dull. I'm hoping to enjoy this one better and I'm still pretty excited to see where it takes the story.

Watching// The BBC mini series of Emma. GUYS oh my goodness my friend Sasha introduced me to this beautiful show and Mr. Knightley *inserts heart eyes emoji* be still my heart, what a cutie. Also I started watching The Crown and it is sooooo good. It's hard for me to adjust to Matt Smith as someone other than the doctor, but he is amazing nonetheless.

Enjoying// Elissa's post, My Vlog is Here *Everyone Cheers.* Rebekah's post, Innocence. Cally's post, Goodness. Addy's post, Hope of a Moment. Julia's post, Me vs You. And Sarah's post, I'm Fine.

Loving// Hot fudge sundae pop tarts after yoga class (don't judge me), learning I got a job as a summer camp counselor, making aesthetic boards for my favorite books instead of sleeping, starting a novel with sad protagonists and marshmallow fluff, reading a book that has a perspective from a squirrel, sharing my poetry on chasing moonlight, and having Star Wars gif competitions with Julia.

Disliking// Getting my lanyard stuck in my ponytail while passing really cute guys, trick questions on history tests, a random guy criticizing my mom for letting me drink coffee (dude I'm 18 stop it), an amber alert on my phone going off in the middle of class, and all my black clothes getting covered in golden retriever hair anytime I sit down thanks to Mr. Murphy.

Blogging// Hey There January, where I talk about my December and discuss my January goals. Life Happenings // Managing Sickness and Homework, where I give excuses for my absence and layout an easy five step plan on how to feel better. Favorite Period Drama Soundtracks // YOU'RE WELCOME, where I talk about my favorite soundtracks to listen to and study with. And Pity Parties Are My Specialty // Job 1-2, where I talk about praising God in all stages of life instead of being like me and having little pity parties about everything (even meatloaf isn't an acceptable reason).

Hoping// To stop scrolling through pinterest and get to bed on time, study harder for my history quizzes, actually eat breakfast and study the word before I go to school, make more time for friends and facetime chats, and smile whenever I feel like frowning.


How was your January? Did anything exciting happen? Have you ever gotten your keys stuck in your pony tail when trying to act all chill around really attractive guys? Please say yes or this will be sorta awkward.

Have a wonderful February my friends,

Elizabeth

18 comments

  1. How magnificent! Everything you've been doing lately sounds like fun. Especially pop tarts after yoga! Ha! A guy telling you not to drink coffee... No way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poptarts after yoga are honestly the highlight of my week (shush don't tell anyone)
      and right?? dude no way

      Delete
  2. I CAME HERE FOR A SHORT READ BEFORE I DO MY SCHOOL (shoutout to homeschoolers we rock) BUT THEN I GOT DISTRACTED BY ALL THE POSTS YOU LINKED TO SO. *laughs forever*

    BBC Emma holds my little heart yo. crying happiness. ALSO LOOK UP NORTH & SOUTH IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. I CAN'T REMEMBER IF YOU EVER MENTIONED IT??? but look it up. that show is also SO GOOD.

    did i mention how much i cry every time you link to me in your posts because i cry a lot. so much love.

    perspective from a squirrel. i'm laughing??? WHAT. pop tarts are the bomb but that's only because they're a rare treat in my house. pinteresting - you know it.

    YES CAN WE ALL JUST SCREAM AT THE TEST MAKERS FOR GIVING US TRICK QUESTIONS BECAUSE THAT DOES NOT ACCURATELY GAGE MY KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT. THAT IS LIKE TRIPPING SOMEONE AND THEN SAYING, "OH YOU CAN'T WALK VERY WELL CAN YOU." *screams about it* XD

    loves. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH I'M SORRY (not really no)

      I've heard so many great things about it, so maybe?? I'm so bad at starting new shows and finishing though!!

      oh my gosh you make me cry. love you sweet girl!!

      yup yup yup to everything

      THANKS FOR SCREAMING WITH ME, I KNOW WE'RE NOT ALONE

      Delete
  3. I love these posts so much! It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Also, what the heck with the coffee hater guy????? He needs to chill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Grace you're too sweet xoxo
      And right?? thank you!

      Delete
  4. I have the exact same opinions about Emma and The Crown ;) What's the squirrel book? that sounds absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Both so good
      "A Little Something Different" It's an interesting book for sure, not my favorite but has some cute stuff in it.

      Delete
  5. wow okay these posts makes me so happy AND THEN YOU LINK ME AND MENTION OUR GIF WARS AND THEN THATS IT

    im dead bc im crying so much bc WHY DO YOU LIVE SO FAR AWAY

    then i laugh bc you're awesome forever bc THE KEYS IN YOUR HAIR HHAHAHAHAA #loveyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you make me happy SO OF COURSE I LINK YOU AND TALK ABOUT OUR EPIC GIF WARS

      IDK now im crying (again)

      thanks oh my goodness STOP IT WAS SO AWKWARD but totally funny

      Delete
  6. My months been good, thanks for asking! Sounds like your month was fun.
    Can't say my keys got stuck in my pony tail (considering I don't have one :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe of course ;P it was!
      Well then, count yourself lucky!

      Delete
  7. Gotta say that Emma is my favorite (And Emma is my favorite Jane Austen story, period), and who doesn't love Mr. Knightley?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy people don't like Mr. Knightley. Also, secret time! I haven't read Emma yet. I know, terrible right?? It needs to happen soon.

      Delete
  8. I've missed seeing you at HCC!! You need to come watch girly movies, eat chocolate, and play games with Natalie and me......or something.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes, that sounds amazing!! Lets do that soon :) Don't forget the french fries

      Delete
  9. I have not seen the Crown yet, but I've seen bbc Emma at least 6 times <3 <3 Pride and Prejudice and Emma make me soo Happy :D
    -Faith

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.