Saturday, January 14, 2017

Life Happenings // Managing Sickness and Homework


Hello lovely friends,

Let me just say this, I've missed you guys! It was not my intention to take an unannounced two week break from the blogging world. With that being said, it was kind of needed. Although I just came back from a break, the new year hit me full force, and within days I found myself with a high fever, stacks of homework, and a mess of a room. Seriously, an actual event that went down last week:

Professor: "Remember to always get a lot of sleep. When you stay up late, you get stressed. And when you get stressed, you get sick. [And when you get sick in college, your life if over because you miss class and fail and die]."
*a few minutes later*
Professor: "Okay so you have five assignments due tomorrow. Oh, also no late work will be accepted."
Me: *stays up late* *gets stressed* *suddenly has a fever of 103*

So guys, last weekend I had big plans. I was going to work and save up some money. I was going to clean my room, do laundry, and clean out my car. I was going to tackle my piles of homework. And finally, I was going to blog and catch up on everyone's posts. Instead, I got sick and spent most of the weekend drinking tea, shivering, and watching NCIS. Then, back to school. Side note, it is actually the worst being sick in class. I felt like all 54 people could hear every sniffle and cough of mine.

But this weekend, I'm well, I have a long weekend, and I feeling pretty good about life again. So to help you sad persons who might be out there struggling with managing schoolwork and sickness, here are my flawless five steps to being a better person at life. This is good stuff.

i. complain about everything

You're sick, you have lots to do, you don't have time for this! So complain, make sure every person knows how badly you feel. Give them unneeded details. Explain the color of your snot when you blow your nose, and how it feels like there's a piece of hair in your throat you can't cough up. Then, talk about how hard your homework is. Feel free to elaborate! If it's a four page paper, you can get away with saying 6-8 pages. Even better, if it's worth 10% of your grade, book that up to 20% for extra sympathy and support.

ii. cry and mope about your terrible state

Of course, only do this step in private, you don't want people thinking you're weak or anything. Sob, scream, throw things. YOUR LIFE SUCKS AND CAN'T POSSIBLY GET ANY WORSE.

iii. forget about it

Wait, what homework? I don't know what you're talking about. There's not like multiple assignments that need to be written or notes that should be typed or quizzes that need to be studied for. You're not feeling well, grab some more tea, watch another episode of NCIS.

iv.  seek out (the right) advice

Seek advice, but only from the right people. Don't ask your mom or pastor on how to get a hang of life. They're going to tell you things like pray about it, get your homework done, stop watching so much Netflix. Now that's all good advice, but it doesn't make you feel good about yourself. Instead, ask your puppy about it. Most of the time, they give you kisses and cuddle with you, and that makes you feel pretty darn good about life again. Friends are an okay option, but if they start being "wise" or anything, get out of there fast.

v. pull an all-nighter

Just keep putting off everything you have to do, blow your nose raw, and get a headache and then you'll have the perfect ingredients to pull a sick all-nighter. Literally. Let's be honest here, there's nothing you can do to get everything done on time when you're sick, so just make another pot of tea, put on your favorite sweats, and get writing.



What are your tips on how to handle school while dying of the flu? Not that I need them or anything, as you saw, mine are flawless.

In all seriousness, I hope you are all having a lovely week! I missed blogging and interacting with everyone. So far, my second quarter of college has taught me I need some serious help in the time management department. So truly, if you have any sage words of advice, I would be glad to take them!

Also, yes, I am fully aware my picture has no relevance to the subject whatsoever, but it's pretty and I needed something, so there you go. xD

Have a wonderful weekend,

Elizabeth


21 comments

  1. Ugh. That sounds pretty terrible. I can't imagine anyone who has a 103 degree fever can do anything useful. I'd probably try to sleep it off 'cause, for me, as long as I don't have a fever, I don't have much of an excuse for being lazy on something. When I was still in high school, I did algebra when I was sick and I still got an A...so that really kinda stunk (depending on how you look at it)...Glad you're feeling better this week! Hope all your homework survived your sickness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah believe I slept WAY too much! But I survived ;)
      What that'z amazing?? I mean sad because you were sick, but awesome you did so well despite that!

      Delete
  2. It's too bad that you were sick! A 103 fever sounds pretty bad! I'm glad your doing better, now.
    I love your tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOLOLOL this is too awesome and I'm probably the only one laughing at you right now bc ya know #friends

    but STILL this post is sickness goals. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah sickness goals xD yessss that's a new thing now!
      and yes yes please laugh so I feel funny and clever, thank you

      Delete
  4. Ohhh that sounds like.....awful! But I'm glad your feeling better!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. giiiirl I feel you! I was sick like for a week right after break, but I did not want to miss classes like AT ALL, so the whole week I was just sniffling and coughing but WHO NOTICED EVEN. But this post was so funny!
    I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick during school is absolutely no fun ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right??? missing class is the worst. Last quarter it didn't really matter, but this quarter I can't skip or I miss SO much. ughhhh xD I kept sneezing and wheezing every few minutes and I felt so self conscious hahaha
      Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so ;)

      Delete
  6. Aww I feel you! I was sick for two weeks straight and while not the flu, it was enough to make me want to curl up and cry since I was missing out a lot on life. Sorry you had to go through it but glad you're doing better!
    Blessings,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes curling up and crying is exactly what you need!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. I tend to do the first two items on the list. If I'm feeling especially sick (which occurs during family, going-by-plane-or-car vacations or at the end of the school year) then I pretty much sound like a humbug who sniffles every 0.5 seconds. It just really sucks-- at least it didn't happen during finals though, right?

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh right finals week I've NEVER sick and tired and stressed ;P
      humbigs unite, same girl same.

      Delete
  8. And that's when I realized that I probably commented on here once already-- LOL, I'm so tired right now to think straight. xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha that is hysterically funny! when I get sick it just drink a ton of peppermint tea and tuff it out :D what can I say I like under a rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what are you saying, i'm not tough?? rude ;P
      peppermint tea is a life saver, that's for sure!

      Delete
  10. Ahaha, I am laughing so hard at your list. You're the best. XD

    Seriously though, ugh, I am so sorry you're sick. Being sick in class is the absolute worst, especially when you have so much going on. FEEL BETTER!! <3

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.