Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bake With Me // Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins










Hello everyone,

I am very much a homebody, thus my weekends are normally spent in my room catching up on school, lounging around, and quite honestly, being lazy and not doing much productive activity. Even the school that I'm suppose to finish lays on my desk untouched while I watch Cupcake Wars and drool over the delicious deserts everyone is making. It's a habit I'm trying to break, though I'm obviously not trying too hard, for here I am, typing away about how I should do homework and be productive. Oh well.

Anyways, enough with my rambling, This particular morning I was feeling extra motivated. Again, not to do school, but to bake, Watching Cupcake Wars was just too much for me, so I got to work. Of course, I didn't make a cupcake, as you can see. I wanted my cupcakes to look perfect and pretty, but I didn't have any way to frost them nicely and only 11 cupcake liners were stashed in my family's baking box, so I had to substitute for muffins. It's save to say, though, they were amazingly yummy and quite satisfying, 

Ingredients: 

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 large mashed bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips


Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350
Grease one tray of muffin cups (You can line them too, but mine came out much better when greased.)
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients.
Blend the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients.
Add chocolate chips. 
Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown.

This recipe should make 12-16 muffins. They're super moist and go perfectly with a good cup of tea or coffee.

Now I'm off to eat some muffins and tackle some homework, wish me luck!

Elizabeth

4 comments

  1. These look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I've already had breakfast but this is making me hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I had some of my left over for breakfast ;)

      Delete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.