Monday, November 10, 2014

Run Into the Light // John 3




"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed." 
   - John 3:19-20

This verse really hit me hard today during my morning bible study. Constantly, I put off repenting what I've done wrong and trying to change, because quite honestly, I like what I'm doing, and I don't want to change to God's way. So often we see the light, but put off running to it, knowing very well that we are sinning, but don't want to give that up. 

Now don't get me wrong, we all have sinned, and are sinning constantly, because we're human! But when we are willingly sinning, and knowingly running away form what we know is right, we have a real problem. 

My friends, don't run from the light just because your evil deeds seem comfortable and fun. and do not be afraid to run to God with your sin, for He loves us and forgives us with His amazing grace. When we are so caught up in sin, the farther we drift from the Lord, We're afraid He'll be angry at us, won't accept us, and worse yet, will want us to give up our sin. So we skip our devotions that night, and then that morning. Next thing we know it, our bible hasn't been opened in weeks. Church becomes a guilt session, and when at youth group, you can't look your leaders in the eye when they ask how your the relationship is with Christ. 

Don't let your evil deeds and sin cause your relationship with the Lord become damaged, but instead, run into God's everlasting light and know He will forgive you. 

With Love, 

Elizabeth


10 comments

  1. Such an inspirational post! Thank you for sharing this in such beautiful words:)
    God will forgive if you're sincere in repent..
    Thank you so much Elizabeth for visiting my blog, I'm so glad I found yours! You have a new follower, looking forward to your future posts!
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You don't know how much your sweet words have encouraged me to today :)

      Delete
  2. what a lovely read. your words are so encouraging and inspired. thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was what I really needed. Thank you so much! -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Elizabeth. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great message x
    Savannah // www.zolablog.com

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.