Friday, March 6, 2015

Dried Puddles

Photo via Unsplash

tears splash on the bathroom tile.
drip drop, drip drop
they roll down my cheeks
and form a puddle at my feet.

standing in that place was like drowning.
there were voices i couldn't control.
no one would pull me back up,
i was pushed down deeper and deeper.

lies, gossip, ugly words,
those are not what defined me.
beauty is being yourself wholeheartedly
strength is pushing through life’s hardships.

the tears are dry now
and my puddle is no more.
for i have something even better,
God’s love shines in my soul.


14 comments

  1. Oh Elizabeth, that is so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful writing and a beautiful picture! You are truly talented :D

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous poem! So beautiful :)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne
    http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading thispoem gave me goose bumps! I love the ending :)

    -Blaze Ann
    http://p31beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN. GOD'S LOVE FOREVAHHHHHHH. A beautiful poem! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Elizabeth, I love this!
    I especially love the truth found in the line, "Lies, gossip, ugly words,
    Those are not what defined me."
    We are defined by who we are in Christ, not by anything that has been said by anyone else, or as a result of anything we have done!

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.