Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Little Things That Make Me Happy


Yellow Flowers// They're the color of sunshine and happiness, and never fail to brighten up any room. Sunflowers, Daisies, Roses. Any flower that's yellow. They will forever put a smile on my face and improve my mood.

The Perfect Cookie// Chocolate chip, warm and gooey on the inside, with just a slight crunch. Golden brown color and round. About the size of my palm. No cookie will ever taste better than the one I just described. 

Steaming Cups of Coffee// Because sometimes, coffee is the only reason I get out of bed in the mornings. There's something comforting about sitting down with my cup of jo and reading a good book in the morning. Everything seems right in the world in that moment.

Handwritten Notes// Nothing seems to scream "I care," more than I sweet, handwritten note. I don't know why that came out of fashion, but this kind of thing should happen more often. Extra points if it's a handwritten love letter that you can keep forever. Extra extra points if my favorite fictional man wrote it.

My Planner// Unless you too love your planner, I could never explain the amount of joy it brings me to have it full of notes and looking all beautiful. My planner is very important to me, every morning and evening I whip it out and update it or just use it to remind me what's going on.

New Books// I don't think I really need to explain this. I love bookstores and I love, love new books. Some girls like buying clothes, but I mainly spend all my money on new books. Is it a problem? Yes. Will it be resolved any time soon? Probably not.

Wearing a Pretty Dress// Wearing a pretty dress just makes me feel 100 times more confident, and when you feel confident in what you're wearing, that just makes you a little happier. Plus I'm a girl and I like feeling pretty and feminine.

With love,

Elizabeth


6 comments

  1. Aw this is such a sweet post!
    What kind of planner do you use by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking pretty and gooey chocolate chip cookies and anything handwritten and sentimental too <3

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. all these things are so lovely, so artsy. it makes me happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why handwritten notes aren't more of a thing, either. I love them so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I nominated you for the music tag over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES TO THE LITTLE THINGS!!!

    I prefer pink and white flowers, but flowers in general make me :) :) :)

    And CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!! Basically any good dessert will make my day. Right now we have red velvet cupcakes, strawberry cake, and chocolate cake in the fridge. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

    A pretty dress does that to a girl. I wore a new retro dress Sunday and felt SO FABULOUS!!! Nothing gets me taking selfies like a new dress.

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.