Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dear 20 Year Old Me // Guest Post


Hello sweet friends,

Today I have a letter from the beautiful Elissa over at Letters To Jayna. Elissa and I go to school together and she is so sweet! Ya'll should check out her blog and my letter I posted on it, A Letter to the Ten Year Old Me.

Dear Elissa,

20; you’re an adult! You made it through middle school and high school, which is no small feat.  Do you have a boyfriend? Any piercings, tattoos or hair dye? What did you decide to do with yourself? Are you dancing, or doing something totally different?

Just because you’re an adult, don’t forget the dreams you had. The desire to do something big and amazing- are you doing something worthwhile? Elissa, don’t forget to follow the Lord. Don’t forget everything He has done for you, and what He has given you. I hope you are allowing Him to use you in big, amazing ways.

Don’t forget the child you were- full of admiration and desire. Self-conscious- I hope you have grown out of that! I hope you have learned to love yourself, even during difficult times. Remember to strive to love others, and put them before yourself.

What advice do you have for me? I’m worried about high school, and deciding what to pursue after. Is it worth fighting, to do what I love?  What about grades; are the A’s worth it?
I am excited to see what God is going to do with me- it’s so hard to wait!

Love,
 Elissa


11 comments

  1. This is such a cute idea, and an even better letter! I love, love, LOVE it!

    - Manna :D
    MannaFest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad you like it, we both had lots of fun writing different.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Check out Elizabeth's at http://letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com/2015/01/a-letter-to-ten-year-old-me.html :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Its such a good idea, and that letter is simply beautiful<3 -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it, I love her writing too it's so beautiful.

      Delete
    2. You are so sweet- thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  3. It's cool reading letters to older self..I've never done anything like this though :P
    It's real sweet letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This letter is so cute. I wonder what you're going to think when you read it when you're older. Maybe you'll have completely different priorities by then. Don't worry. High school will be fine ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you said, "Elissa, don’t forget to follow the Lord."
    That is soo important! :)
    So very cute!

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.