Saturday, July 23, 2016

What I've Been up to


Camp// Another summer, another few weeks spent at camp. This is my third summer volunteering at Warm Beach's Special Friends Day Camp. Each day spent there brings me so much joy and teaches me about love, our Lord, patience, happiness, and how to graciously deal with life. Working with special needs seemed daunting at first, but I've come to find that they're people just like you and me, wanting to be loved. Honestly, I am so inspired by all the campers and I long to live with the joy and passion so many of them seem to possess.

Books// It is no secret I enjoy a good book. My summer has been spent doing a plethora of things, and reading has taken up a lot of it. My responsibilities (extra schoolwork, blogging, cleaning, ect.) have occasionally been put on the back burner because of a good book. It's a problem, I know. Currently, a wonderful novel is calling me from across the room, but I'm doing my best to ignore it.

Friends// Fourth of July Festivities, shopping in Seattle, volunteering at camp, birthday parties, campfires, backyard baseball. All have been filled with wonderful friends and family. Summer is a spectacular time, a time of catching up with your loved ones while you take a break from the school year's tasks. I've enjoyed laughing, eating, and exploring with all the amazing people I've been blessed to have been placed in my life.

Puppy// May God bless my mother and the patience she has. Having a little puppy is like taking care of a toddler, except for the fact you can lock it in a cage and leave the house without it. In the short amounts of time I'm watching him for her, I get so frustrated! Murphy is so naughty, but so so cute and I can't help but still want to cuddle him. Still, if he wasn't adorable, he probably wouldn't be living in this house anymore after the many potty accidents and biting.

What have you been up to lately?

With love,

Elizabeth

10 comments

  1. It sounds like your life has been very full recently! What books have you been reading? I'm always looking for recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to write a blog post on that, I've had a pretty great reading month so far :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy & having a lot of fun! The photo at the top is just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great summer, and the fact that you worked at a special needs camp is so inspiring! I bet you learn so much, as you do serving at any camp. And reading... I only wish I've spent a bit more time reading. I, opposite to you, can't seem to put aside the responsibilities (which never end) to read. Sounds like you've had am amaing summer, and it's not ever over yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do, it's such an amazing experience and I love all the campers dearly. God has truly blessed me through them.
      Yes I totally get that, that's my problem during the school year. It's hard to make time to read sometimes!

      Delete
  4. That camp sounds like a great experience! It's amazing how much we can learn from those we too often pass by.

    And, I'm really curious, which novel are you currently reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I've learned so much, and I continue to learn every time I go back.

      I'm currently reading a few things, but right now my go to is "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour" :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Elizabeth! I definitely feel your pain with the puppy... just got one about 3 months ago (his name is Teddy!) and he is still not over the nibbling, nipping, and potty issues..
    I'm glad I found your blog-- It's so cute and fresh, and all i know is that I'll definitely be coming back!
    xx
    Stephanie
    strictlystephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such an adorable name!!

      Thanks, that's super sweet of you :)

      Delete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.