Friday, August 26, 2016

Travel Diary: Silver Lake + Artist Point


Hello beautiful people,

I'm so excited to share with you all a wonderful trip I just got back from. My family and Christine and her family joined together and set up camp for a few days of fun card games, sitting by the lake, and beautiful day trips. Christine and her family are some dear friends of ours and I had such a blast hanging out with them. If you haven't checked out her blog, you totally should! It's tons of fun. 




We stayed at a pretty decent sized campsite right on Silver Lake. It was a really nice place! Although I didn't go swimming while on this trip, they had a really nice beach for wading out into the water and a cool bridge you could jump off of. Sadly, I was a little too cold the first couple days we were there to actually work up the nerve to try. Never fear though, if you don't like swimming they also have different types of boats you can rent. 

I really enjoyed this campsite. It was nice because we were able to have electricity but also still feel like we were camping. Natalie, Christine and I all hung out in my trailer and watched Sense and Sensibility while eating chocolate and playing cards. It was pretty great! Our site also backed up onto a large field where us kids were able to pass around the football or baseball. It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and enjoying the time we had together. 


Christine's family brought their puppy! She was so adorable. Libby and Murphy are brother and sister, so it was a lot of fun having them both together. They seemed to enjoy the camping life and being together. Every time we went anywhere, people would get so excited to pet them. Rightfully so, puppies are so freaking cute. 



Our last day there, we drove over to Artist Point, which was about 50 minutes away from our campsite. It was so beautiful up there! As I've said before and will say again, I am beyond blessed to live in the state of Washington. It has so much variety and beauty and I'm in love with it. Almost anywhere you go, you can find a gorgeous piece of God's creation.

Poor Natalie and I are seniors this year, and every place we stop, our moms are like, "Oh this would be such a nice senior picture!" Sadly for them, we weren't quite dressed for the occasion, so instead they had to settle with just taking group pictures and shots of the mountain. I think it was a fair trade though. 




It's so much fun to bring Murphy new places and see him sniff around excitedly. He was quite enjoying himself as he explored and got cooed over every time someone passed. So many people asked if they could pet him, it was so cute. 

"Awww your dog is SO adorable." 

"I know, isn't he? I mean err, thank you! I think so too."




Again, can I say how beautiful it was up there? If you ever find yourself in the area, you need to take a drive up to Artist Point. The views of Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan are breathtaking. These picture can't even compare to the stunning sights you can see with your very own eyes. Everywhere you turn there's another wondrous sight to feast your eyes on and take a snapshot of.



On our way back down the mountain, we stopped at Nooksack Falls and looked around for a little bit. It was another beautiful spot, but in a completely different way. I loved how shady and green it was in there. There were so many huge rocks to sit on and just listen to the rush of the water and the chirping birds. Being in nature and listening to the different sounds just brings you a sense of peace. This was one of those spots.


What are some of your favorite places in the state/country you live in?

With love,

Elizabeth

5 comments

  1. These photos are gorgeous! I just love that you and Christine know each other in real life- it makes me so happy when bloggers I follow know each other, haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEEEEEEEE. THESE PHOTOS. THOSE PLACES. Oh my goodness I want to GO THERE. It looks like you had a great time!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAAA NOW I REALLY JUST WANT TO GO TO WASHINGTON.
    It looks like such a gorgeous place <33 Those photos are so so pinterest-worthy. AND GAHHHH I JUST WANT TO REALLY GO THERE <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such a good time with you, Elizabeth! I love all your pictures.:)

    P.S.
    Thanks for the chocolate! ��

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.