Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Life Right Now



Hello dear friends,

How are you all doing today? It's been awhile since I just wrote a post talking to you all about life, so I'm here today doing just that. Life has been extremely hectic lately. So many things have been happening in such a short amount of time. It''s been overwhelming, but exciting at the same time. I'm so pumped to see where God is taking me, my friends, and family in the next few chapters of our lives. A lot of change is happening, but I trust His hand is going through it all, even if I don't always understand His reasoning.

finally graduated// Guys, I graduated high school!! I'm so beyond excited to be done with this chapter of my life, but also extremely terrified because that means more responsibility and life decisions I'm not ready to make. But not only did I graduate high school, I was able to get my first year of college done through the program "Running Start" that Washington has. It basically allows students to take college courses for free while them still counting as high school credits as well. So I'm kind of going into my sophomore year of college next year too, along with graduating high school. Exciting stuff ya'll.



the wedding// As many of you know, my older brother Zachery went into the Air Force last November, and this June, he came back and got married. I have a married brother. My brother has a wife. It's weird, really really weird. But the wedding was absolutely beautiful! Honestly, I can't think of any other person more perfect for Zach than my new sister, Nicole, and I cannot wait to see where married life takes them (and what their babies look like). They left on Monday to Montana, as that is where Zachary is being stationed, so I already miss their cute faces, but I'll be seeing them again soon, and I know they're on their own little adventure, which is more important.

working lady// For the last two years, I've been a nanny for different families and I've absolutely loved it, but with my dreams of transferring to university and traveling to new countries, I've realized I need a more stable job that gives me solid hours. So here I am, a new, stressed out host at Red Robin. I've been working at Red Robin for over a month now while continuing to nanny, and it's actually worked out super well! Granted, it can be tough and I have to deal with some not so happy people at times, but it's worked out great with my schedule and I've learned a lot! But guys, I could totally do an entire rant post on what it's like to be a host. Honestly, it's only been a month and I already have a couple crazy stories.



next steps// With graduating and completing my first year of college at my local community college, I've been really contemplating what do to next with my life. Should I stay at home for another year and get my AA? Should I transfer to university right away? Should I take a gap year, travel, and do volunteer work? I have a lot of options right now, but I feel kind of stuck. It's hard for me to discern between my own emotions and desires, and God's ultimate plan and His words. So right now, I'm trying to be flexible and at peace: waiting to see where He takes me as I journey on through the high school-free life.



Long time no see, what's new with you? Any exciting news or upcoming decisions? Leave me a comment down below and let's talk about our lives together. 

Have a wonderful day,

Elizabeth 


11 comments

  1. Congratulations on your graduation! You'll be in my thoughts - I know it's a pretty exciting/scary time in that important decision making land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are so busy, but with lots of fun stuff! I had the same dilemma few months ago just before I graduated hs--with a year of college credits, should I go right to college or take a gap year? I decided to live at home, take two online college classes per semester, and focus on working and pursuing other fun things that I didn't have time for during high school!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that sounds like a really great plan! Honestly, that'd what I've been thinking of doing. I was so busy and stressed this year, I wasn't able to do a lot of fun adventures with friends. Plus, living at home and taking online classes saves SO much money.

      Delete
  3. congratulations on graduating & your brother's wedding!

    and girl i'm in the exact same boat as you! i was doing some pretty hardcore nannying for about 5 years but i decided to switch it up and i've been working at a restaurant for the past few months! i LOVE it, but you're so right, customers can be crazy lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      Yay, so glad I'm not alone ;) But right?? It's fun, but man are people just darn right crazy at times.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are busy! But this is all so exciting! So happy for you, Elizabeth. <3 I can't wait to hear about all of your future adventures- I know they're going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY YOU'RE TOO YOUNG IN MY BRAIN TO BE DOING ALL THESE GROWN-UP THINGS. :'''''( jk but seriously. my heart. CONGRATS ON GRADUATING. Scary, but good good good. and your brother's wedding ahhhhh. You guys are so cute. Did you get a haircut recently??? (unless you did a post mentioning that and I totally forgot ha) your hair looks shorter in the last two photos!
    NEW JOB. AHHH. that is wild. but girl, you got this. be brave. be kind. God be with you. i know it'll be hard, but a good hard. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaasssss I loved reading this-- you're certainly busy and on your way to awesome things it looks like! I also have to say it's been -too long- a while since I stopped by but I love the new blog format! Gorgeous pics, as always, and I can't wait to see what you're up to these next weeks!
    xx
    steph
    strictlystephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.