Wednesday, October 5, 2016

this is not the end


my dear
dear friend
i'm so sorry
this world
has brought you such sadness
i am so sorry
this world
has failed you
i'm so sorry
this world
has hurt you
so
so
much

but

my dear
dear friend
this world is not the end
this world is only the beginning
our father has a place
for us
for you
for her

so remember
remember the laughs
the joys
the hugs
the smiles
remember the good times
and know
you'll see her again

my dear
dear friend
you are not alone
our father is there
to comfort you
love you
protect you

so

remember
this world is not the end
it's only the beginning
of something much
much more

with love

Elizabeth

11 comments

  1. Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment yesterday, it was a big encouragement! :) What a great poem and blog you have here! So true, this life is not the end, it's just the beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Elizabeth. Praying. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was absolutely heart-wrenchingly beautiful elizabeth. So simple and so powerful. I love the message behind it <3

    Love,

    Anne // www.aportraitofyouth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful poem! :) Keep up the good work.
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. Today is National Poetry Day so I am going to share this on Twitter. <3

    http://waltzandwillow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a beautiful reminder this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the nostalgic, childlike desire for belonging in this piece. It makes me think of growing up too fast and just wanting to be safe and a little kid again.

    Elisabeth @ Inkspelled Faery

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have just discovered your blog Elizabeth, and this photo is so beautiful! I love your writing too!

    grace of golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful poem! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

okay so this is how it works : you read my blog, comment and i reply. then you respond and so forth. they make my day and bring a smile - thanks so much <3

© elizabeth anne. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.